- Ambiance: A cottagecore house usually has an airy, light, and inviting feel to it. In contrast, a cabincore house would be warm, cozy, and more intimate.
- Materials: Cottagecore homes tend to feature softer materials such as cotton, linen, and lace. Cabincore homes feature rougher, sturdier materials such as wood, leather, and wool.
- Color palette: Cottagecore decor tends to revolve around pastel colors, often featuring floral or gingham prints. Cabincore, on the other hand, has a more muted color palette with earthy tones, plaids, and shades of brown.
- Decor: Cottagecore decor often consists of vintage and antique pieces, such as teacups, lace doilies, and chintz fabrics. Cabincore decor, however, features rustic and natural elements such as animal hides, antlers, and stone accents.
- Location: Cottagecore is well-suited for a rural or suburban setting, while cabincore may be a better fit for a more secluded or mountainous location.
Introducing the cottagecore trendCottagecore is a new trend that has taken the world by storm. This style encompasses a back-to-basics approach, in which people opt for a simpler way of living. The concept is all about enjoying the little things in life and finding joy in simple activities like reading a book or spending quality time with family and friends. Cottagecore has a decidedly romantic and whimsical aesthetic that includes traditional patterns, floral prints, and a pastel color palette. This trend has been a breath of fresh air in a world that is constantly rushing and overburdened with technology.
Understanding CabincoreSimilarly, Cabincore is an emerging trend that has gained popularity in recent years. This style is all about creating a cozy, rustic cabin feel in your home. It’s about bringing the great outdoors inside and enjoying a warm and comfortable atmosphere that promotes relaxation. Cabincore emphasizes the use of natural materials such as wood, stone, and leather. The trend promotes the use of earthy tones and warm colors to create a cozy space that evokes warmth. It’s a style that encourages comfort, relaxation, and tranquillity.
Defining the differences between Cottagecore and CabincoreThough these two trends seem similar in style and aesthetic, there are some notable differences between the two. Cottagecore is all about embracing a nostalgic, romanticized view of life while Cabincore seeks to embrace the beauty of nature and evoke feelings of warmth and comfort. Cottagecore decor is often light, airy and inviting, while Cabincore tends to be darker, cozier, and more intimate.
Distinct Features of Cottagecore HomeCottagecore homes are filled with soft pastel colors, floral prints, and natural fabrics such as linen and cotton. Furniture is often antique or vintage-inspired, with a rustic charm that evokes a sense of timelessness. Rugs and carpets are plush and comfortable, and walls are usually painted in warm, soothing tones. Large picture windows are common, providing an abundance of natural light and a beautiful view of the outdoors.
- Whimsical, natural decor items, like dried flowers, vintage porcelain, and natural wreaths
- Curtains that are light, airy, and often homemade
- Decor items, such as candles, clay pottery items, and natural light fixtures made from wood
- Warm, inviting bedding with soft textures, fluffy pillows, and wool blankets
What Makes a Cabincore Home Stand OutA Cabincore home makes use of natural materials to create a cozy, rustic feel. The use of wood is a major feature, which is often paired with stone, leather, and natural fabrics like wool and linen. A Cabincore home often features earthy colors, such as browns, greens, and blues, to create a calming, natural atmosphere. Other noteworthy features of a Cabincore home include:
- A fireplace or wood-burning stove to create a cozy, inviting atmosphere
- Plush, comfortable seating arrangements, such as sofas and chairs with soft, fluffy cushions
- Decor items made from natural materials, such as wood carvings, woven baskets, and antlers
- Wall hangings, tapestries, and blankets made from natural fibers and decorated with intricate patterns with warm colors
Choosing the perfect style for your homeThe choice between Cottagecore and Cabincore is a personal one, dependent on your personal style and the aesthetic you want to create. Cottagecore is perfect if you are looking for a more light and airy style, while Cabincore is ideal when you want to have a cozy and comfortable atmosphere in your home. Decide on which vibe you want to evoke in your living areas, and then start working on the details.
How to implement Cottagecore and Cabincore styles in your interiorsTo create a Cottagecore or a Cabincore atmosphere, start with the following tips:
- Use pastel colors and floral prints for linens, curtains, and decor
- Invest in vintage or antique furniture
- Incorporate natural fibers, such as linen and cotton
- Use warm, soothing lights with a nature-inspired theme, like a wicker lamp or lantern
- Use warm, earthy colors, such as brown and green, that exude coziness
- Invest in comfortable seating arrangements, such as chairs and sofas with fluffy cushions and wool blankets
- Incorporate natural elements, such as wood furniture, stone surfaces, and leather accents
- Use warm, inviting lighting, like a wood or iron lamp