- Focus on a neutral base: while bohemian style often incorporates bold and bright colors, urban boho tends to stick with a more neutral palette.
- Look for clean lines: modern pieces can work well in a bohemian-inspired space, but they should have simple, clean lines rather than ornate details.
- Mix textures and materials: as with bohemian design, urban boho incorporates a variety of textures and materials to create a layered, dynamic look. Think rattan, macrame, woven fabrics, and tassels.
- Embrace geometric patterns: rather than the paisleys and florals often associated with boho style, urban boho leans into modern, geometric patterns. Look for triangles, chevrons, and other angular designs.
- Choose ethnic-inspired accents: to bring in the bohemian element, consider incorporating accents inspired by ethnic designs. This might include a Moroccan rug, a colorful embroidered pillow, or a printed tapestry.
Contemporary boho style is actually known by a number of names, including urban boho. This increasingly popular design trend mixes the laidback and eclectic elements of bohemian style with a more streamlined, modern look. If you’re considering incorporating urban boho decor into your home, here are a few key things to keep in mind: