Elevate Your Furniture GameYour furniture is one of the main features of your home. Having outdated, worn, or mismatched pieces can make your home feel unkempt. Investing in high-quality furniture or thrift shopping for unique finds can elevate the look of your space. Here are some tips to help you make the most out of your existing furniture:
- Reupholster old chairs or couches with lush fabrics like velvet or chenille to give them a luxurious look and feel.
- Use slipcovers to modernize older furniture while keeping it protected and stylish.
- Add decorative legs to plain furniture pieces to create a unique and designer vibe.
Add Elegant and Statement PiecesWhen it comes to creating an expensive-looking home, less is often more. You don’t need a lot of decor to make a statement. Instead, choose pieces that are elegant and eye-catching. Some ideas to consider are:
- Investing in a statement mirror or chandelier
- Buying a plush, neutral-colored rug to anchor your space and make it feel cozy
Focus on LightingLighting is often disregarded by homeowners, but it’s crucial to the ambiance of your home. Harsh overhead lighting can make your space feel sterile, while soft, warm lighting can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Here are some lighting tricks to try:
- Swap out outdated light fixtures for modern ones
- Invest in dimmer switches for a customizable lighting experience
- Add floor lamps or table lamps with warm, cozy bulbs to create a comfortable atmosphere
Incorporate High-Quality Fabrics and TexturesWhen it comes to creating an expensive look, textures play a significant role. Mixing textures can add depth and intrigue to a room, making it feel like a designer space. Here are some fabrics and textures to consider:
- Layer soft, plush throw blankets over your furniture
- Add decorative pillows in different colors, patterns, and textures to your bed or couch
- Incorporate natural materials like jute rugs, woven baskets, and wooden trays
Make a Statement with Artwork and DecorLastly, don’t forget about the power of artwork and decor. Well-placed decor can take your home from bland to bombshell. Here are some tips to maximize your decor choices:
- Hang large artwork on your walls to create a statement piece
- Use decorative bowls, candles, and vases in unexpected ways
- Add fresh flowers or plants to your space to breathe life into your decor
Pay Attention to Details in Every RoomFinally, no matter what room you’re decorating, make sure to pay attention to details. Small upgrades like swapping out cabinet hardware or upgrading your shower head can make a big difference in the overall feel of your home. Here are some details to consider:
- Switch out plain light switch covers for decorative ones
- Add decorative molding to your walls to create texture and depth
- Swap out basic doorknobs for decorative ones