The Science Behind Infrared SaunaInfrared saunas use a specific type of light to emit heat that penetrates the skin and warms the body’s tissues. The light waves are absorbed by the body, which causes the body to create heat from within. This process is called thermal conversion. Unlike traditional saunas, infrared saunas do not rely on heating the air around you to create a sweating effect. Instead, the heat directly warms your body, making it a more efficient and effective way to achieve the desired results.
How Infrared Sauna Is Different from Normal SaunaThe main difference between infrared saunas and traditional saunas is how they create heat. Traditional saunas rely on heating the air around you to make you sweat, whereas infrared saunas use infrared light waves that penetrate the skin and warm the body’s tissues. This technique is more focused on heating the body, making it more effective and efficient in achieving its intended purpose. Infrared saunas are also cooler than traditional saunas. The temperature in an infrared sauna typically ranges between 120 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit, whereas traditional saunas can reach temperatures of up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. The cooler temperature of an infrared sauna makes it more tolerable for people who are sensitive to heat. Key Point: Infrared saunas are more focused on heating the body’s tissues, which makes them more efficient and effective than traditional saunas. They are also cooler and more tolerable for people who are sensitive to heat.
The Health Benefits of Infrared SaunaInfrared saunas have a long list of health benefits that range from improving cardiovascular health to relieving pain and promoting relaxation. Here are some of the key benefits of infrared saunas:
- Detoxification – sweating helps to rid the body of toxins and impurities.
- Improves circulation – the heat from infrared saunas helps to open up blood vessels, which increases circulation and promotes healing.
- Boosts metabolism – the heat from infrared saunas can increase the body’s metabolic rate, which can help with weight loss and weight management.
- Relieves pain – infrared saunas have been shown to help with pain management, especially in people with chronic pain conditions.
- Reduces stress – the heat and relaxation of infrared saunas can help reduce stress and promote calmness.
- Improves skin health – the heat and sweating can help to unclog pores, which can improve the appearance of skin.