Porcelain stoneware vs porcelain tilesWhen it comes to wall coverings, porcelain stoneware and porcelain tiles are two of the most popular options in the market. While they may sound the same, they do differ in some ways. Porcelain stoneware is a ceramic material that is fired at very high temperatures, giving it incredible durability and strength. Porcelain tiles, on the other hand, are made from only fine porcelain clay and are also fired at high temperatures.
Benefits of using porcelain as a wall coverPorcelain is a popular option when it comes to wall coverings, and it’s easy to see why. Some of the benefits of using porcelain as a wall cover include:
- Durable: Porcelain is incredibly strong and resilient, making it ideal for high traffic areas. Whether it’s a kitchen backsplash or a bathroom wall, porcelain can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- Easy to clean: Porcelain is smooth and non-porous, making it easy to clean and maintain. Simply wiping it down with a damp cloth will remove most dirt and grime.
- Stain-resistant: Porcelain is highly resistant to stains, making it perfect for kitchens and bathrooms where spills are inevitable.
- Low maintenance: Due to their durability and resistance to wear, porcelain wall coverings require little maintenance, making them a cost-effective option in the long run.
Resistance to stainsOne of the most significant benefits of using porcelain as a wall covering is its resistance to stains. Porcelain is non-porous, which means that liquids will not penetrate its surface, making it easy to wipe away spills and stains with a damp cloth. This makes it perfect for areas of the home that are prone to spills and splashes, such as kitchens and bathrooms.
Durability against moistureMoisture resistance is another vital quality of porcelain wall coverings. Porcelain is highly resistant to water, which means it won’t absorb any moisture and will remain unaffected even in damp conditions. It’s perfect as a shower or bathroom wall covering due to its moisture resistance, making it a practical and long-lasting option.
Ideal areas for porcelain wall coveringsPorcelain is perfect for use in any interior area, but it’s particularly ideal for rooms that are prone to spills, splashes, or high traffic. Some of the ideal areas for porcelain wall coverings include:
- Kitchens: Porcelain is resistant to stains and easy to clean, making it perfect for use as a kitchen backsplash or wall covering.
- Bathrooms: Porcelain is highly resistant to moisture, making it perfect for use in bathrooms as a shower wall or vanity backsplash.
- Entryways: Entryways are high traffic areas, and porcelain’s durability makes it perfect for use as a wall covering in these areas.