Understanding Nordic DesignNordic design, often referred to as Scandinavian design, is rooted in the idea that less is more. It is all about simplicity, minimalism, and functionality. Nordic design emphasizes practicality and functionality without sacrificing style and beauty. The principles of simplicity and functionality are the foundation of Nordic design. This style started to gain popularity in the mid-20th century and has ever since taken the world by storm. It is characterized by clean lines, neutral colors, and natural materials.
Key Elements of Scandinavian StyleNordic design is marked by several key elements that make it unique and recognizable. These elements include:
- Minimalism – less is more.
- Functionality – things have a purpose.
- Light colors – white and neutral contrasts.
- Natural materials – wood, leather, stone.
- Clean, simple lines – unadorned.