- Minimalism: Nordic style celebrates simplicity and minimalism, with a focus on function and purpose. Avoid clutter and unnecessary decorations.
- Natural Elements: Incorporate natural materials like wood, stone, and leather into your home décor. Nordic style embraces the beauty of nature by bringing it inside.
- Neutral Colors: Shades of white, beige, gray, and earthy tones often define Nordic style. They create a calming and peaceful environment that promotes relaxation.
- Lighting: Natural light is an integral part of Nordic style. Allow as much natural light as possible to stream into your home while making use of soft, warm lighting fixtures like table lamps, wall sconces, and candle holders.
- Accessories: Choose accessories that add texture to the space like woven blankets, textured pillows, and sheepskin rugs. Also, embrace greenery by incorporating indoor plants.
Nordic or Scandinavian style, as it is commonly known, is a unique design style that has been captivating homeowners and interior enthusiasts around the world. This style movement that originated in the 20th century is all about creating a calm, serene, and harmonious space that embraces natural elements and simplistic design. Here are some defining characteristics of Nordic style that you can incorporate into your home: