Adding a steam shower to your home can be a luxurious and relaxing experience. However, many people often wonder about the cost of installation. On average, installing a steam shower can cost anywhere from $2,650-$6,050. The national average cost for installation is around $4,325. Here are some of the factors that impact the final price of your steam shower:
While the initial investment may seem steep, a steam shower can add value to your home and provide a luxurious spa-like experience right in the comfort of your own home. It’s important to do your research and find a reputable installer to ensure your steam shower is installed properly and safely.
How Much Does It Cost to Put in a Steam Shower in Your House?
If you’re looking to turn your bathroom into a spa-like oasis, a steam shower may be just the thing you need. Not only can a steam shower provide a luxurious experience, but it can also promote relaxation, improve circulation, and even provide health benefits. However, before you start to think about installation, it’s important to understand how much a steam shower will cost you.
Factors that Affect the Cost of a Steam Shower
The price of a steam shower can vary widely, from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. The following are some of the factors that will impact the final cost of your steam shower:
- The size of the steam shower
- The material and type of the shower
- The brand and model of the generator
- The complexity of the installation
Each of these elements will influence the final cost of your steam shower installation. It’s important to keep these factors in mind as you begin to plan and budget for your steam shower.
Understanding Shower Materials and Types
One of the key factors that will impact the cost of your steam shower is the material and type of shower you choose. Here are some of the most popular options:
- Acrylic steam showers: These are the most affordable option and usually come as pre-fabricated kits. They are lightweight, easy to clean, and durable, but they may not have the same luxurious feel as other materials.
- Fiberglass steam showers: These are slightly more expensive than acrylic options, but they are still relatively affordable and easy to clean. They can be made to look like other materials, such as tile or stone.
- Tile steam showers: These are the most expensive option, but they provide the most customization and luxury. Tile steam showers can be made to match the existing tile in your bathroom, and the possibilities for design are endless.
Keep in mind that the type of materials you choose will impact the overall cost of your steam shower, but it will also impact the overall look and feel of your bathroom.
How Much Does a Generator Impact the Price of a Steam Shower?
The generator is one of the most important components of a steam shower, as it’s responsible for creating the steam. The brand and model of generator you choose will have a significant impact on the final cost of your steam shower.
There are several options when it comes to generators, including:
- Single-user generators: These are the most affordable option, but they are only suitable for small steam showers.
- Mid-range generators: These are suitable for most average-sized steam showers and tend to be the most popular choice.
- Commercial-grade generators: These are designed for large, commercial applications, but they can also be used in larger residential steam showers. These generators tend to be the most expensive option.
The brand of the generator will also influence the price. Some of the most popular brands include Kohler, Mr. Steam, and Steamist. Make sure to do your research before choosing a generator to find one that fits your needs and budget.
Budget-Friendly Steam Shower Options
If you’re on a tight budget, there are still options for creating a steam shower in your home. Here are a few of the most budget-friendly options:
- Use an existing shower: If you already have a shower in your bathroom, you may be able to convert it into a steam shower by installing a generator and adding a glass door to keep the steam contained. This can be a great way to save money while still enjoying the benefits of a steam shower.
- Choose a pre-fabricated kit: Pre-fabricated steam shower kits are the most affordable option for those who want to install a steam shower. These kits are available in a variety of sizes and materials and can be easily assembled in your home.
- Do it yourself: If you’re handy and have some experience with plumbing and electrical work, you may be able to install a steam shower yourself. This can be a great way to save money, but it’s important to make sure you have a solid understanding of what’s involved before you begin.
Comparing the Costs of Different Steam Shower Brands
As mentioned earlier, the brand of the generator will impact the cost of your steam shower. Here is a breakdown of the average costs for some popular steam shower brands:
- Kohler: $3,000 – $8,000
- Mr. Steam: $2,500 – $6,500
- Steamist: $2,500 – $5,000
Keep in mind that these are only average prices and the cost can vary widely depending on the model and size of the generator you choose.
Tips for Saving Money on Your Steam Shower Installation
If you’re looking to install a steam shower on a budget, here are a few tips to help you save money:
- Shop around: Make sure to get quotes from multiple contractors and compare prices and services. Don’t be afraid to negotiate to get the best deal.
- Choose affordable materials: As mentioned earlier, the materials you choose can impact the overall cost of your steam shower. Choosing more affordable options, such as acrylic or fiberglass, can help keep costs down.
- Do some of the work yourself: If you’re handy, you may be able to tackle some of the installation work yourself. Just make sure to do your research and only attempt tasks that you’re comfortable with.
A steam shower can be a great addition to any home, providing a luxurious, spa-like experience in the comfort of your own bathroom. While the cost of a steam shower may seem daunting, there are plenty of options available for those on a budget. By doing your research, shopping around, and making smart choices, you can create the steam shower of your dreams without breaking the bank.