- When a property is first listed on Zillow, it can take up to 48 hours for the photos to appear. This is because Zillow needs to verify certain information before uploading photos.
- If there are no changes made to the MLS listing, the photos on Zillow will not be updated until the original listing is updated.
- It’s worth noting that Zillow relies on third-party feeds for its property information, including photos. Sometimes there can be delays in these feeds, which can affect how quickly photos appear on Zillow.
- If you’re a real estate agent or homeowner looking to update photos for a property listing, be sure to double-check the feeds and settings to ensure there are no errors that could delay the update process.
- Overall, Zillow does a good job of updating its photos and property information in a timely manner. If you’re ever in doubt about the accuracy of a listing, it’s always best to double-check with the agent or homeowner directly to confirm.
Understanding Zillow and MLSWhen shopping for a home, many prospective buyers rely on online real estate databases and platforms such as Zillow. Zillow is a home search platform that aggregates data from multiple sources, including Multiple Listing Services (MLS) utilized by realtors. MLS is an industry-standard database used by real estate agents and brokers to facilitate the sharing of information about properties for sale or lease.
How Does the Feed Source Affect Zillow’s Photo Updates?The feed source used by Zillow plays a critical role in the photo update process. In most cases, MLS is the primary feed source, and any changes made to listing details and images in MLS are automatically updated on Zillow. Conversely, if a realtor lists a property for sale on Zillow, any updates made through Zillow may not be reflected in MLS databases. If there is any issue with the feed source, such as connectivity or compatibility problems, images may not update correctly.
How Often Does Zillow Update Photos from MLS?After the feed source is changed, the images will be displayed on Zillow within 24 hours. However, Zillow does not update its photo database every day. The frequency of updates depends on the number of properties added or updated in a particular location. In some areas, Zillow updates photos within hours of a change being made in MLS, while in other areas, updates can take several days to display. Key point: The more properties that are added or updated in a particular area, the more frequently Zillow updates photos.
What to Expect During the Zillow Photo Update ProcessDuring the photo update process, it is essential to understand that delays may occur. Delays can be due to issues with MLS data feeds, connectivity problems, or incomplete property data in MLS databases. In some cases, updates may require manual verification, which can take longer than 24 hours. During this process, some older images may still appear on the property listing page, but these will be replaced by the updated images within 24 hours.
Tips for Ensuring Quick and Accurate Zillow Photo UpdatesA few simple steps can help ensure that your property images are accurate and up-to-date on Zillow.
- Verify the property’s details and photo orientation
- Ensure that all listing images meet Zillow’s recommended image criteria
- Be mindful of copyright laws when uploading images.