- Paint Doors a Contrasting Color: Add a pop of color to your doors by painting them a contrasting color. A bold color that complements your wall color can really make your space stand out.
- Add Molding, Wall Trim, or Architectural Details: Adding molding, wall trim, or architectural details can immediately elevate your home’s style. You can install crown molding along the ceiling, add chair railings, or even install a ceiling medallion for a grander effect.
- Make it big by putting up Wall Art: Large scale art can create a sophisticated, yet welcoming atmosphere. Opt for a statement piece that complements your existing decor, or create a gallery wall for a personalized touch.
- Change Out Your Hardware: Upgrading your hardware can be a simple yet impactful way to give your home the polished look of a high-end property. Swap out your dated cabinet knobs and drawer pulls for new ones in a sleek, modern design.
- Declutter: A cluttered space can detract from the overall elegance of your home. Clear out any unnecessary items and keep surfaces and storage areas neat and tidy.
- Streamline Your Gallery Walls: Avoid overcrowding your walls with too much art or photographs. Choose a few standout pieces and arrange them in a visually appealing way, such as in a grid or asymmetrical formation.
- Add Flowers or Plants: Bringing greenery into your home can create a refreshing, inviting atmosphere. Add potted plants or fresh-cut flowers to your living spaces for a touch of natural color and texture.
- Use White Bed Linens: Crisp, white bed linens can give your bedroom a clean, hotel-like feel. Layer in soft textures such as a fluffy duvet or throw pillows for a plush effect.
How to Make Your House Look Classier: Tips and TricksIf you have been watching home design shows or scrolling through Pinterest, you might be dreaming of making your house look classier. Thankfully, you don’t have to break the bank to achieve a luxurious look. By implementing a few simple changes, you can transform your humble abode into a stylish and sophisticated space. In this article, we will explore eight ways to elevate your home’s aesthetic appeal, without spending too much money or time.
Elevate Your Home with Contrasting Door ColorsOne budget-friendly trick to add personality and depth to your house is by painting your doors with contrasting colors. For example, if your walls are painted in a light shade, consider painting your doors in a darker or bolder color. This creates a focal point and adds dimension to your space. Key point: Use a color wheel to find the best contrasting color for your doors.
Architectural Details that Bring Elegance into Your HomeArchitectural details such as crown molding, wainscoting, and ceiling medallions can instantly add elegance and refinement to your living space. Molding and trim give your walls depth and create a sense of sophistication that is hard to match. If your budget allows, you can hire a professional to create architectural details, or try your hand at DIY. Key point: Use molding that matches your home’s architectural style for a cohesive look.
Eye-catching Wall Art for a Sophisticated LookWall art is a wonderful way to add color, texture and unique personality to your space. Invest in art pieces that match your personal style and the aesthetic you are trying to achieve. A large piece of wall art can tie the room together, while a collection of smaller pieces can add intrigue and visual interest.
- Choose neutral frames for a classic look.
- Get creative with the placement and arrangement of your wall art.
- Hang art at eye level, or slightly higher, for an optimal viewing experience.
Upgrade Your Home with New HardwareA simple and cost-effective way to give your home a new look is by swapping out the old hardware on doors, drawers, and cabinets. Sleek, modern knobs and handles can give your space a contemporary appeal, while vintage pulls and backplates can add a touch of nostalgia. Key point: Match the finishes and styles of your hardware for a cohesive look.
Create a Clutter-Free Space for a Cleaner LookA cluttered home can feel cramped and chaotic, making it difficult to achieve a classy ambiance. Make a habit of decluttering and organizing your belongings on a regular basis. Simple solutions such as drawer dividers, baskets, and shelves can work wonders in keeping your space tidy and welcoming.
- Take advantage of hidden storage spaces.
- Stow away items that are not in use.
- Consider minimalist decor to reduce clutter.