- Start with the color scheme. Traditional coastal spaces usually feature blues, greens, and sandy beige tones. To add a modern twist, incorporate bold, darker shades such as charcoal gray or black.
- Furniture choice is crucial while mixing these two styles. Aim for pieces that have a simple, minimalist design with clean lines to achieve a modern feel. Add texture and a few patterned details with coastal designed pieces to enhance the effect.
- Accessorize strategically to unify the two styles. Incorporate elements like driftwood, seashells, and coral to capture the coastal vibe while tying in modern pieces like geometric planters, abstract paintings or metallic accents.
- Bring natural elements together with manmade materials by combining materials such as wood, wicker, and rattan with sleek glass, metal, or Lucite accents that will give your space the contemporary touch.
- Finally, don’t forget to play with your natural light fixtures, ample light from windows reflecting off the sea can add such a relaxing mood to your space. Sphisticated and unique light pendant or chandelier can jazz up your decor giving it a modern vibe.
Absolutely! Mixing coastal and modern décor can create a beautiful and unique space that embodies the best of both styles. When it comes to combining these two aesthetics, it’s all about finding the right balance. Here are some tips to help you create a cohesive modern coastal look: